HOW I TAKE NOTES!
Taking good, accurate, and fast notes is crucial to success in any sort of post-secondary education. It’s only now, in my third year, that I’ve finally nailed down a system that works. For me. It may not work for you, fancypants.
- Take speedy notes in class. Notes on notes. On notes. This is probably the most important step. When I’m in class, I try to focus both on what is on the slide/ board, and what the prof is saying. Often I find what the prof is saying comes in handy later on when I’m studying because it can help contextualize what I’ve written down.
- Skip a few days. Relax. Have a nap. Have three.
- Re-write the notes, taking care to focus on definitions and key words. For me, this involves separate colours. Green is for key words that will stick in my brain for when I need them later, like on the midterm. Pink is for terms and definitions. This way, when I’m trying to memorize, the most important things can jump out at me. Purple is for headings and general knowledge. I usually know a list or group of similar characteristics is coming when I need purple.
Studies show that both re-writing your notes and using different colours helps with retention. I think this method works so well for me because I feel like I’m getting a two-for one: prettier notes, and extra studying. Mama loves a bargain.
Credits to my homeboy’s Mankiw, Kneebone, and McKenzie, for making Microeconomics fun since 2011.
Dylan O’Brien: a summary (insp)
"Once Game of Thrones family, always Game of Thrones family." — Natalie Dormer
all parabatai are devoted…but with jem it is different.
your fatal flaw is personal loyalty, percy. to save a friend, you would sacrifice the world.
Arya “so done with everyone’s shit” Stark
SAD BEAUTIFUL TRAGIC • a WILL/TESSA fanmix [
01. demons (imagine dragons)
02. dark paradise (lana del rey)
03. shelter (birdy)
04. sad beautiful tragic (taylor swift)
05. sleepwalker (adam lambert)
06. haunted (taylor swift)
07. no light, no light (florence + the machine)
08. exit wounds (the script)
“I’m calling.” Emma lunged for her phone.
“No!” Julian said, forcefully enough to stop her. “You know we can’t tell anyone. About Mark —“
“You’re not going to bleed to death in a car for Mark!”
“No,” he said, looking at her. His eyes were eerily green-blue, the only bright color in the dark interior of the car. “You’re going to fix me.”
how many calories do u burn by sliding down a wall crying
i hate u